Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Competition found for a seriously big mount (and it's pink!)

ewanv1970

Hi all

For those that don't know me, I'm the person that runs the Astronomy Donations UK Group on Facebook.  It's where I take your old, unused kit, the bits you leave in a draw because they may be useful some day and the ones your better half has told you have to go before they do.  I do whatever is necessary to get the kit back in to good order then I give it away to children and young adults who wouldn't otherwise have access to a telescope, need extra eyepieces or filters and aren't necessarily in a position to buy them for themselves.  I also keep a number of items (I've an AZ-GTI amongst other bits) that I loan out to people who want to know whether astronomy is something their son or daughter is actually going to be interested in before they spend out a small fortune on a presant that's going to end up being a very expensive clothes horse.

Anyway, the reason for this post is that I've been advised JTW Astronomy are running a charity raffle for one of their P75 (that's 75Kg load capacity) mounts.  The raffle is in aid of the European Breast Cancer Coalition, so the mount is a complete one-off as it's bright pink (you can opt for a standard one but...).  https://www.jtwastronomy.com/products/pinky-the-p75-trident-direct-friction-drive-telescope-mount

Just to confirm, I'm not affiliated in any way with JTW Astronomy and gain no benefit from posting this link here - I just thought it might be of interest to others here.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1