Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

m33 Triangulum Galaxy

paul mc c

14 hours ago, paul mc c said:

Just over 5 hours of 120 sec subs ,flats,darks and bias.

Great image and as Olly said, it does look bluish on my screen too. I notice you have taken darks too even though you used the 533. Do you find that makes a difference to your final image?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, AstroMuni said:

Great image and as Olly said, it does look bluish on my screen too. I notice you have taken darks too even though you used the 533. Do you find that makes a difference to your final image?

Actually never not used darks, i have a dark library so i just use masters as a routine.

Great M33! Do agree with the magenta thing though, but that could also be just the chromatic aberration that makes the image appear more magenta than it really is when the stars grab ones attention, but probably a little bit too magenta still overall.

How did you colour calibrate the image? I recommend photometric color calibration in Siril (and an SCNR green if necessary) or the manual color calibration with a chosen white area. You would have to know which star is roughly white to do that accurately though, sometimes calibrating on the core of a galaxy gets ok results also.

• Like 1