Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

External portable power tanks

Good evening

Can anybody give me some advice on what external power sources please as my trusty Skywatcher battery has given up the ghost. Have been looking at a Jackory but would like to know if they are reasonable and reliable. Main use would be when I am away from.

23 minutes ago, Chrissh said:

Good evening

Can anybody give me some advice on what external power sources please as my trusty Skywatcher battery has given up the ghost. Have been looking at a Jackory but would like to know if they are reasonable and reliable. Main use would be when I am away from.

Hi Chrissh,

I use a TalentCell rechargeable 36w 12V/6000 mAh Lithium Ion Battery Pack attached to my NexStar 8se, works for a few sessions no problem.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0713T4XT9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I do not know if it is good enough for your Skywatcher.

Maybe someone else can help.

I'm not sure what your demands are, but can vouch for the Anker 251 for astrophotography. So far I've got several good 7hrs+ imaging sessions on this and I usually finish up with around 35% charge, that's after having dew straps set to 50%, camera cooling around 60% and a big old EQ6-R slewing and tracking. A very well made piece of kit and charges in no time. A good chunk of cash but you get what you pay for - https://www.anker.com/uk/products/a1720?utm_source=google&utm_medium=search&utm_campaign=uk_anker_pps_conversion_search_powerhouse_purchase_ost&utm_content=powerhouse&utm_term=16922666765_138611941427_593281729343&gclid=CjwKCAjw2OiaBhBSEiwAh2ZSPwJI5upjqfrBpMUlsSX3drZ1KzP8DPiUidxGDmwNFGPOOnGOC4_A3BoCMHsQAvD_BwE&variant=42529253589156

Many thanks for the info, the kit I use when out and about usually consists of EQ5,ASI air,2 dew straps and bits and bobs which run off the ASI air. Nothing too draining but enough to run a battery flat if I make the wrong choice.

Cheers guys

Chris H