Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Altair reducer adaptor to use oag

Hi

Looking for some wisdom /advice

I'm trying to setup  an oag with a Altair 0.8 reducer and a canon camera.

The reducer will go Infront of the camera to give 55mm bf then the oag.

To keep the oag as close as possible I want to remove the nose piece on the reducer and find an adaptor that connects the reducer to oag.

Trouble is the thread on the reducer appears to be m54 1.5mm pitch and I can't find anything to fit.

Can anyone suggest an adaptor that will work going from m54 1.5 male on one side to 42 0.75. female on the other .

Or do I need a rethink?

Cheers Dave

Is there no hope of getting the OAG between the camera and the reducer?  You may end up too far away from the camera to be successful if you're the telescope side of the reducer.

I had success with the 9mm TS optics OAG sitting between a canon DSLR and a coma corrector in the 55mm of back focus.

4 hours ago, Stefan73 said:

Is there no hope of getting the OAG between the camera and the reducer?  You may end up too far away from the camera to be successful if you're the telescope side of the reducer.

I had success with the 9mm TS optics OAG sitting between a canon DSLR and a coma corrector in the 55mm of back focus.

Hi Stefan73

Ive had another fiddle and dismanteled the reducer still further to try fitting the reducer after the OAG (telescope Side) which means now im just looking for an adaptor m48male to 42 female which actually exist😄  ,just about to ring rvo to see if they have one in.

Im not sure if I can get it close enough with my OAG but im trying to avoid buying another OAG .

Then I just need a clear night to do some testing