Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter 26th October

russ

Well it's clear here and wind died to nothing, so two out 3. However seeing is pretty awful. Down at 105x with the C6 and even that is fuzzy. Hoping it improves by 9:30 as the shadows make their way across.

Good luck everyone. 

It was nice watching Io disappear.

Tried a combo of eyepieces with 3x focal extender as my lowest fl ep is 13mm.   I think I need something in the 7 or 8mm range to fill the gap.....

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Merak said:

It was nice watching Io disappear.

Tried a combo of eyepieces with 3x focal extender as my lowest fl ep is 13mm.   I think I need something in the 7 or 8mm range to fill the gap.....

How are you finding it now? I found it steadied up just after my last post. Used the 8mm for 187x and looked pretty good. Could see Ganymede no problem. And possibly Europa too. However now a fuzzy mess again.

56 minutes ago, russ said:

How are you finding it now? I found it steadied up just after my last post. Used the 8mm for 187x and looked pretty good. Could see Ganymede no problem. And possibly Europa too. However now a fuzzy mess again.

Seeing improved a bit - with the 24mm UFF and 3x tele extender it was looking nice at times.  Now the hazy cloud is back.   

Hooked my dslr to the diagonal to get a few short videos, will see how they turn out...

p.s I remember you for the Turf Hill meets.

• Like 1

Well despite some iffy conditions at times that turned out to be one of my favourite Jupiter views. Actually seeing the two moons in front Jupiter was stunning. And then the shadows. Gave it a proper 3D perspective. I was still buzzing about it this morning. 😃

12 hours ago, Merak said:

Seeing improved a bit - with the 24mm UFF and 3x tele extender it was looking nice at times.  Now the hazy cloud is back.   

Hooked my dslr to the diagonal to get a few short videos, will see how they turn out...

p.s I remember you for the Turf Hill meets.

Yes the old Turf Hill meets. I miss those.

1 hour ago, russ said:

Yes the old Turf Hill meets. I miss those.

They were fun though it got interesting when the ponies decided to have a wander through the various setups!   Would be nice for some other meets but I'm limited to where I go as no car at the moment.

As for my record shot, it was similar to what I could see too and there were moments that the seeing improved and more detail was visible on Jupiter.  

Mark