Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

jupiter, Callisto & Europa on 24th October (11" Mak Cass)

Barv

Hi Guys

It's been a while since I posted anything on here lately, due to a few personal issues.

I got the chance to try out my new Mak for imaging on the night of the 24th. It was fraught with problems, - particularly later on, due to marginal high cloud and variable transparency. I am quite pleased to have got the following result though!

Best Wishes

Harvey

creation2.png

• Like 17

29 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

Very Cool. Will need to get temperature stabilized to give off its best. Not sure if insulation would help ? but maybe. Congrats. One of a kind. 

Yes, it's all been sorted Neil. Stuart wrapped it before I collected it. The only issue I've had is with dew. I'm in the process of sorting that now. Visually the scope is unbelievable, and clearly a keeper. Stuart has a 9" LZOZ apo, and that is the only reason he parted with this one. The colour correction and optics are in a different league to the C14

Cheers

Harvey

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scooot said:

That’s a fantastic image Harvey, your experience and know how really shows through. Maybe yet another image in one of the magazines? 

Thanks very much Richard, who knows!

Cheers

Harvey