Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Solar Eclipse Oct 25th '22 - Trees, Clouds, Perseverance, Luck and Success - 24 image Composition

ArmyAirForce

As the eclipse started this morning, the Sun was only at 14 degrees above the horizon and had just gone behind some trees in the park next door! I started shooting anyway, taking a picture every 5 minutes through the eclipse. Around maximum, I quickly switched cameras from the Nikon D3200 ( which fitted the whole disc ), to the ASI178MM for a two pane mosaic with a little more detail. I was shooting through cloud for the whole eclipse; thin to start with, thickening near maximum and very variable for the rest. Luck was with me however and I found gaps in the cloud around my 5 minute intervals.

Here's the link to the fullsize 6500 x 4875 pixels image - 6500 pixel fullsize image but a smaller version is shown below.

221025_eclipse_1000.jpg

• Like 10