SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hiatus over

Kn4fty

After a couple years with hardly any observing due to work and an injury, I'm finally back at the EP.  Been hard not spending time out at night. Also glad to be back at my favorite forum! Lookkng forward to refreshing the memory and learning more from y'all. 

Rob

KN4FTY 

• Like 14

2 hours ago, Greymouser said:

Yes, welcome back. I too wondered what had happened to you. Hope the injury is fine now and just a thing of memory. :smiley:

Its mostly fine. Still have periodic issues with it, but at least I'm functional now and able to lift the scopes again.  Had a 182kg+ patient take out everything from L1 to S1 in my back. Getting better everyday 😌 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kn4fty said:

Its mostly fine. Still have periodic issues with it, but at least I'm functional now and able to lift the scopes again.  Had a 182kg+ patient take out everything from L1 to S1 in my back. Getting better everyday 😌 

I can relate to that, though to a lesser extent. I care for my disabled wife 24/7, ( she is in poor condition, with several severe disabilities, ) even though she is only 100kg  or so, it is not a good idea to pick her up solo when she falls, but needs must. My back made a very loud crack, which led to weeks of pain. My Dr refused to see me because of the Covid lockdown, asked me if I could still go to the toilet, which I could, so he prescribed Codeine and an anti inflammatory ointment, over the phone! He told me if I developed problems with toileting, I should phone and ambulance immediately, as at that point I was in trouble! He also didn't tell me about the side effects of Codeine, which has led to other issues. No matter though, I have muddled through and still care for her. I am afraid though, that this whole episode has very much lowered my respect for the NHS. Some great people, but some awful ones too!  

As you say though each day gets better, even with this lesser back pain I had/have. :smiley:

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Greymouser said:

I can relate to that, though to a lesser extent. I care for my disabled wife 24/7, ( she is in poor condition, with several severe disabilities, ) even though she is only 100kg  or so, it is not a good idea to pick her up solo when she falls, but needs must. My back made a very loud crack, which led to weeks of pain. My Dr refused to see me because of the Covid lockdown, asked me if I could still go to the toilet, which I could, so he prescribed Codeine and an anti inflammatory ointment, over the phone! He told me if I developed problems with toileting, I should phone and ambulance immediately, as at that point I was in trouble! He also didn't tell me about the side effects of Codeine, which has led to other issues. No matter though, I have muddled through and still care for her. I am afraid though, that this whole episode has very much lowered my respect for the NHS. Some great people, but some awful ones too!  

As you say though each day gets better, even with this lesser back pain I had/have. :smiley:

Im glad you're doing better also. It can be hard to recover. And much respect to you for caring for a loved one while dealing with the back and med issues. That says a lot about you. 

I lost a lot of respect for many medical personnel over the past couple years of covid, so I understand. But thats another story. 

Rob

• Like 1

• 5 months later...