Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What's everyone bringing to SGL4?

M110

Just so I can get an idea of what I'll be drooling over! :hello2:

I'll be bringing by 12" dob as I only live around 10miles away :rolleyes:

I've also just started on a makeshift dew heater for the Telrad and another for the finderscope - can't have dew ruining everything can I??

Lol are we taking bets as to whether its cloudy or not? ;)

regards,

Alex

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lol are we taking bets as to whether its cloudy or not? ;)

:rolleyes:

Absolutely not!!!, that would be 'tempting fate'

As all my 'kit' is installed in the obsy, all I'm likely to bring is a pair of 15x70 bins. Oh, and the Mrs of course :hello2:

For me, SGL4 and Kelling are more for the social side of things, as I'm fortunate to have a reasonably dark location at home.

Dave

Shame I cannot make this one. really hoped to meet you all, but I'm going to Darren's one in August.

But if I was going I would bring the 16" Dob so you lot can have a llook through it.

I'll be bringing an 8inch Dob, a Megrez 90 on SP mount, some eyepieces (couple of UWANs and an Ethos if anyone wants a look), and maybe a camera. Oh and a PST in case its sunny during the day ;).

There will also be lots of cakes - including the special requests of chocolate cake and welsh cakes! (SteveL and I have a deal involving processing help and chocolate cake :rolleyes:) Now if only Steve (FLO) would take payment in welsh cakes.....:hello2:

Helen

Hi all, looking forward to the starparty it'll be out first event.

We dont have much in the way of decent equipment, only really started using our telscope last year and trying to image this year.

Nothing is bolted down for us so we are going to bring the lot although, like i said not anything decent very basic however, we are hoping to make alot of friends and get alot of help from you guys, then when we have money saved up purchase more quality equipment.

So what we'll bring is as follows -

5" Skywatcher 130p with EQ2 mount and motor drive (still not got that to work properly yet)

William optics 7 x 50 bins

Canon Eos SLR 350d

Philips 840K (just bought from merlinxlm)

Laptop

Box of lenses and filter and a couple of red torches

home made piggyback bracket for the DSLR

Cheers

Neil & Claire

C9.25, GSO 8" astrograph, Orion Optics 6" Astrograph, WO72. Probably.

Also will be bringing my TS off axis guider, there aren't many in the country and I've had a few requests to have a peek at it.

I may well have a spare OTA on the mount that a camera can be used with. The offer is open first of all to Peter, but anyone with a Canon EOS fitting camera is welcome to hitch a free guided ride, assuming we have some clear skies.

I am the kind to set the alarm for every hour just in case of a clear patch, so i'm hoping at least for SOME piccies ;)

There seems to be plenty of dobs coming, so i'll leave mine here, unless anybody wants to buy it.

I'm going to be bringing my 14" LX200 GPS, geared up for visual use only.....Mrs H has been going down the gym so shge can carry it for me :rolleyes:

Cheers

Rob

You gonna make it then Rob? GREAT!;):hello2:

I have decided to bring no Imaging gear.

I know how important these events are, and most people will be very engrossed in getting as much imaging done as they can when the skies are good. I feel I can learn a lot by watching and listening.

I don't want to disturb my LX Mount in the Obs.

And I'm preparing a pier to take the EQ6 Pro in the adjacent annex to the Obs. I'll bring my Bins, and Olympus DSLR for people and Equipment shots. I'm hoping there will be a meet place where questions and answers sessions will take place.

Of course I will come armed with Beer too, and some Malt.

I'm looking forward to Gregs Chilli as a highlight of the Event.

Mainly I will enjoy meeting as many members of this great forum as possible. It won't be long now folks.

Ron.;):rolleyes:

C9.25, GSO 8" astrograph, Orion Optics 6" Astrograph, WO72. Probably.

I may well have a spare OTA on the mount that a camera can be used with. The offer is open first of all to Peter, but anyone with a Canon EOS fitting camera is welcome to hitch a free guided ride, assuming we have some clear skies.

Cheers TJ I'd love to take you up on that ;)

Haven't decide which night i'm palnning on coming up yet...

Peter....

You gonna make it then Rob? GREAT!;):hello2:

I get home from Russia 2 days before Tim, so it works out fine.

Oh, I forgot to mention, I'll be bringing some good scotch and 'Old Speckled Hen' :rolleyes:

I'm not bringing any imaging gear, as I'm treating this as a social event and plan on spending the time meeting up with people, and I reckon Big14 will be a scope that should be a great draw visually.

Very interested to see your OAG in action too, plus I'll be happy to help out with processing if anyone's interested.

Cheers

Rob

Archived