Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Dob

wookie1965

3 hours ago, wookie1965 said:

Celestron Starsense from a fellow SGLer pick it up tomorrow.

You landed yourself a bargain. He’s not had the scope long and it will be in great condition. I’m sure that you’ll enjoy it.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/10/2022 at 14:42, wookie1965 said:

You'll love it Wookie.  The StarSense Explorer facility makes it a real game changer for quickly finding objects.  I presume you've probably  read Ade Ashford's review in the Oct AN?  

I have had the 8inch since early July, and everything Ade says is spot on.  I'll look forward to hearing how you get on with it. 

• Like 1

Oops, just realised your post was over a week ago 😊.

Edited by paulastro
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wookie1965 said:

Not even had it out yet weather been awful

I hope it's clear for you soon.  The good thing is that when you do have some clear sky, you'll spend most of the time actually observing - rather than searching for objects.  The SS facility makes a huge difference even to anyone who is used to finding objects by finders and star hopping. 😊

At Kelling I demonstrated the system to a few sceptical observers who were truly astonished how well it works.

Edited by paulastro
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, paulastro said:

I hope it's clear for you soon.  The good thing is that when you do have some clear sky, you'll spend most of the time actually observing - rather than searching for objects.  The SS facility makes a huge difference even to anyone who is used to finding objects by finders and star hopping. 😊

At Kelling I demonstrated the system to a few sceptical observers who were truly astonished how well it works.

Just hope I can set it up accurately there was no instructions for the set up of it, I have read online to set it up during the day. I would of thought it would be better on a bright star or as Jupiter is high that would be more accurate.