Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter Oct 20th

Space Cowboy

Despite cloud, heavy dew and AWOL tracking i managed to get some better data. Seeing was consistent for about 45 mins though not as good as it can be (from what I remember) trans wasnt great so AVIs were quite noisy.

Still working on the processing not 100% happy.

21.42ut

Auto Dob 250 + 3x TV +Extension tube & ASI 224 = F19

Jupiter Oct 20th 2142.png

Edited by Space Cowboy
  • Like 8

Your colour looks spot on. After all these years i still dance around lol. Saturation causes casts if it's a bit rich. And often I don't mind a bit of rich. That big blue cloud dead centre I could see that live on screen. As I've taken to balancing colour live. Surprising to see colour on Jupiter live at the monitor. This is exactly why i have a little confusion for those that hate blue. Jupiter has blue clouds. how can anyone capture that faithfully if they want to avoid blue? Any way confusion over. Each to their own. But love your colour here. it just looks right. You just need superb seeing Stuart. there is better seeing to be had i am sure. But now winter has kicked in its quite unsettled generally. You may have forgot what really good seeing is like. Heck even i have and it was only 6 months ago. But i know your just around the corner of the detail popping right out mate. Btw oh so natural too.

Edited by neil phillips

Thanks Neil. I upped the colour vibrance at the last minute after looking at my old images.  Still feel the wavelets were a bit strong but the seeing wasn't good enough for a more subtle process. Considering I had to give the primary the Alex Ferguson treatment after it dewed over and nearly packed up when cloud rolled in for an hour I can't complain too much about the result. 😉

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CraigT82 said:

Nice shot, lots of detail and definitely got potential. Seems like focus might have been off a tad?  Maybe just seeing. 

Thanks Craig I was constantly tweaking focus and all the Avis look very similar. Using the hair dryer wasn't ideal and with hindsight I should have put the scope out an hour later as it was swamped with dew before I could start imaging. Could be a combination of seeing and thermal activity.