Narrowband

NASA at it again!

maw lod qan

I just read a report that says NASA is considering granting the SLS to one group with out any consideration of competing companies. 

The contract could be as many as 17 launches. There has been cost cutting talks and I guess, incentives mentioned.

One of the requirements is the capability of lifting 42 tons, not just into orbit, but out of Earth orbit as well. 

So, who do you think is the one who is now being considered?

Boeing and Grumman!

I just can't help but wonder if there is some back room pocket filling that is going on here!

I wish I could link to the article, but I'm almost illiterate when it comes to a lot of this.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, maw lod qan said:

I just read a report that says NASA is considering granting the SLS to one group with out any consideration of competing companies.

[...]

I wish I could link to the article, but I'm almost illiterate when it comes to a lot of this.

If not this one,  it'll be a similar one

https://spacenews.com/nasa-outlines-case-for-making-sole-source-sls-award-to-boeing-northrop-joint-venture/

14 hours ago, Gfamily said:

Thanks that is the one!

"Justification for other than full and open competition"!

I think I'll go make me some Tartar sauce, cause I'm smelling something fishy!

• Haha 3