SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Iris Nebula Luminance WIP

tooth_dr

Here is my WIP luminance layer - this is just the OSC data processed to use as a lum layer.  I havent managed to achieve a good result with the colour aspect yet, so plan to work on that through the week.  I'm also experimenting with droplet size and bayer drizzle settings in APP.   There is 6 hours and 16 minutes of data in 120s subs.

C+C welcome :D

Adam.

Iris-LUM-copy.jpg

• Like 6

Wow, love it, the detail is superb, can’t wait to see the finished image, I have never done very well at all on this target…

Have you plucked up the courage to delve into PI yet, you won’t regret it, i promise you…👍🏻

There are some great new drag and drop one click tools coming out for PI, created by a guy called Bill Blanshan in the USA, and wow do they simplify things even more…

Check this out for an example…

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Stuart1971 said:

Wow, love it, the detail is superb, can’t wait to see the finished image, I have never done very well at all on this target…

Have you plucked up the courage to delve into PI yet, you won’t regret it, i promise you…👍🏻

There are some great new drag and drop one click tools coming out for PI, created by a guy called Bill Blanshan in the USA, and wow do they simplify things even more…

Thanks Stuart.  I did actually use PI to run Photometric Colour Calibration.  I'm seriously going to make a start on it though, thanks for posting the video.

29 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

Thanks @peonic just watched it and already feel like I can tackle it. 

I started using it seriously in July.

Took a while to get my head around the way it does things, but now I wouldn't be without it. I do everything exclusively in PI now.

It's well worth taking a look at Russ Croman's Star Exterminator plug in (trial version available) and Dark Archon's EZ processing suite (free tools).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stuart1971 said:

Seconded, I love Bill's pixelmath stuff, would highly recommend.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, peonic said:

I started using it seriously in July.

Took a while to get my head around the way it does things, but now I wouldn't be without it. I do everything exclusively in PI now.

It's well worth taking a look at Russ Croman's Star Exterminator plug in (trial version available) and Dark Archon's EZ processing suite (free tools).

Thanks again. I have bought StarXTerminator as a photoshop plug in. I wonder if I’ll need to buy it again for PI?

7 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

There is 6 hours and 16 minutes of data in 120s subs.

Nice rendition so far and looking forward to the colour being added. Would you mind indicating what scope and camera you are using please? Nice to see that the 'dark stuff' is showing well.

Ian

9 minutes ago, The Admiral said:

Nice rendition so far and looking forward to the colour being added. Would you mind indicating what scope and camera you are using please? Nice to see that the 'dark stuff' is showing well.

Ian

Thanks Ian. Looking at it now again, it’s a tad noisy.  Anyway, I’m using an old blue tube SW 250px, MPCC (not spaced quite right) and a ZWO 2600MC.

92B25652-47B3-4002-881F-2851CA8ED304.thumb.jpeg.f3b023459033f51091ac83ae0a4d5e9e.jpeg

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Stuart1971 said:

No you don’t, you can use it wherever you like once paid for, just pick the download link to suit….👍🏻

Cheers. Just seen that. You can download both to a pc and counts as one licence use 

• Like 1