SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

EQM-35 Pro not slewing during alignment.

Trying my new EQM-35 Pro last night and ran into an issue. Entered the info and went to test a 1 star alignment. The mount would slew pretty close to Vega, but when asked to center the star, the directional keys would not move the mount at all. The weird thing is, during setup I could slew with the directional keys. It would just stop working during the star alignment? Am I doing anything wrong?

Agree with the above, the mount goes into a very slow slewspeed mode by default after the GO-TO.

You can press the rate button on the keypad and put it back into 9 to move the mount at full speed. Probably will need to since the initial go-to is often many degrees off target.

7 minutes ago, knobby said:

It does slew very slowly during final alignment ... Are you sure it's not moving ?

I'm pretty sure it's not. I will definitely check next time. Would it be different speeds during setup? I can hear it and see it moving when not in the alignment process, but during alignment, I didn't see the stars move on my live view. I saw another thread, saying to check the slew speed. Hit option 2 for speed, and it was set at 9* already

Edited by gvesci

8 minutes ago, ONIKKINEN said:

Agree with the above, the mount goes into a very slow slewspeed mode by default after the GO-TO.

You can press the rate button on the keypad and put it back into 9 to move the mount at full speed. Probably will need to since the initial go-to is often many degrees off target.

I read another thread saying this. I hit option 2. And it already showed the slew speed was at 9*

Just now, gvesci said:

I read another thread saying this. I hit option 2. And it already showed the slew speed was at 9*

Okay thats pretty weird. Try factory reset from hand controller?

The motors clearly work if it slewed, and the hand controller also must work since you could slew manually before the GO-TO. Might be worth looking into firmware updates too, if something is wrong with the firmware that is.

18 minutes ago, ONIKKINEN said:

Okay thats pretty weird. Try factory reset from hand controller?

The motors clearly work if it slewed, and the hand controller also must work since you could slew manually before the GO-TO. Might be worth looking into firmware updates too, if something is wrong with the firmware that is.

Wonder if the slew speed changes during the alignment process and a different speed during setup. Can't remember where I was in the process when I checked the speed. I'll have to look at that next time

25 minutes ago, gvesci said:

Wonder if the slew speed changes during the alignment process and a different speed during setup. Can't remember where I was in the process when I checked the speed. I'll have to look at that next time

Yes, this is what happens. If you set the slew speed to 9 and then did the alignment, it will have gone down to a low number, i think 3 when it asks you to center the target in the crosshairs. Change the rate after the go-to when it asks you to center the target.

10 minutes ago, ONIKKINEN said:

Yes, this is what happens. If you set the slew speed to 9 and then did the alignment, it will have gone down to a low number, i think 3 when it asks you to center the target in the crosshairs. Change the rate after the go-to when it asks you to center the target.

Amazing. I will try that. Thanks!