Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL 2022 Challenge 7 - Mobile Phone Imaging

This has been a very popular challenge with a wide variety of targets.  The judges have had to consider aesthetics, technical competence and creativity and we have all come up with differing choices!!  In the end we have chosen a widefield image, a solar system target and a deep sky shot.  On another day the selection might have been completely different but I think we have 3 very worthy winners.  A big thank you to everyone who took part and I hope it will serve as inspiration to those who don't possess an arsenal of high tech kit.

1)  Scotty1 - Winter constellation rising

IMG_20220901_015314_(1275_x_1700_pixel).jpg

A beautifully composed and executed widefield image

2) Naxatras - Jupiter

Screenshot_20220614-215916.jpg

A remarkable result using a mobile phone

3) Penumbrella - M13

PXL_20220818_212733106.NIGHT~2.jpg

Despite the wonders of low light chip technology deep sky imaging remains a very big challenge.  Mobile phone "astronomy modes" are optimistic to say least.  However, Penumbrella has managed to produce this technically excellent image.

As always it is worth having a look through all the entries.  There an many other excellent images including some wonderful lunar shots.

https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/396563-sgl-2022-challenge-7-mobile-phone-imaging/

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Congratulations to the winners - excellent images well done. I hope this competition runs again at some point - accessible to many and great fun. The judges must find it tough to reach a consensus!

Andrew

Edited by Astro_Dad
  • Like 3