Bubble nebula reprocessed.

ollypenrice

Sorry, there are going to be quite a few of these as I work through my images looking for those which always needed the de-starring/re-starring process. :grin: Here's the Bubble, HaOIIILRGB, 23 hours, TEC 14O, Mesu, Atik 460. Processed mostly in Photoshop using StarXterminator.

992151808_BubbleHaOIIISXTWeb.thumb.jpg.d6e35a26e8e71dcaae37179e10b9c22c.jpg

Olly

• Like 17

2 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

Sorry, there are going to be quite a few of these as I work through my images looking for those which always needed the de-starring/re-starring process. :grin: Here's the Bubble, HaOIIILRGB, 23 hours, TEC 14O, Mesu, Atik 460. Processed mostly in Photoshop using StarXterminator.

I don't think an apology is required 😂, always great to view your images Olly.

Steve

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Laurin Dave said:

Keep them coming Olly!

Your wish is my command.  :grin: The Fireworks Galaxy delivered from the overly insistent starfield which usually splatters as pigeons splatter London...

I feel like a kid in a sweet shop with this new tool.

1246358894_FIREWORKSGALAXYSXTweb.thumb.jpg.bcd57722f5e5f35ebbfbd51c52bb857a.jpg

Olly

• Like 7

An excellent trio of star reduced images, the Fireworks galaxy is particularly impressive IMHO. I am discovering with my explorations into this technique that it does help a lot if you have a decent image to work with in the first place, it can be quite good at enhancing mediocrity, if that makes sense.
I will look at my 19 hr M101 next, I have never considered this galaxy to be behind an overly dense star field, but you make a good point about the faint outer spiral arms.