Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I'm back, and hopefully for a long stay. I've had a bad time health wise, plagued with a number of problems.

barkis

I'm still recovering from knee replacement Surgery. That that time added to the long wait for the operation
has kept me away too long from any astronomy, and most of all from this forum. Covid 19 alone caused many cancellations

SGL. seems to have  developed some changes too, which I'll need to get accustomed too, so forgive me 
if I make some errors.

I have been absent from my Obsy. for so long I have encountered so much change in the procedures, for example, in
trying to install  drivers for mount, focuser, and cameras, Ascom itself has been dramatically altered, and frankly has me
baffled.   The long lay off has created a lazy brain, so I may need to ask for help in getting back to some kind of normality.

Perhaps Admin. can explain any changes in the way SGL now operates, and rules and regs  now in place.
I've sorely missed this place, so I hope to fit back in, and get to know the new members who have joined during my absence.
Best Wishes to everyone,

Ron.  AKA Barkis.   👍

Edited by barkis
  • Like 30

Many thanks for the kind words. I appreciate the welcome back.
SGL is such a warm place, and the long lay off was a time of despair at times, so your welcome has 
eradicated that memory. 

I will probably be seeking help and advice, so I hope I don't turn into an inquisitive pest and become an annoyance 😀.

Edited by barkis

5 minutes ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

Welcome back Ron.
I don't think too much has changed to be honest, there was some big changes around being allowed on the classified section but that should not affect you, otherwise much as it was , just be courteous to others, no swearing or politics and you should be fine 🙂 

Steve

Heaven Forbid Steve. 😇

• Haha 2

Welcome back and hope your recovery goes well. Mrs H has had both her hip and knee replaced this year and recovery particularly from the knee op has been slow and painful but she is getting there and pleased to have got both done.

Best regards George 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, saac said:

Good to see you back Barkis, you'll quickly get back into things. Task No 1, chase the non ascom compliant spiders out of the observatory :) 

Jim 

Heh/Heh. Some of the blighters have invaded the house too.
Not a day goes by that the wife emits a scream from the bathroom. I  can't get up there quick either, the
knee is still in healing mode.

Thank for welcome back guys. it's been quite a while. 

• Like 1

On 13/10/2022 at 18:44, cloudbuster said:

Welcome back Ron I hope you are in better health and I think we have all missed you as well cheers Bob

Thank Bob.   You must be well into your pictorial project of Bristol's  wonderful structures now.
Ron.

• Like 1

Welcome back Ron, you are one of the few SGL members i have actually met in person at AstroFest a couple of years back 🙂 

Good to hear you are on the mend, not much has changed around here really, seems a little Quiter than years gone by. I guess forums are not as popular as they once were perhaps.

we are still moaning about the weather, seeing conditions, light pollution, but most importantly still enjoying this wonderful pastime.

14 minutes ago, Pete Presland said:

Welcome back Ron, you are one of the few SGL members i have actually met in person at AstroFest a couple of years back 🙂 

Good to hear you are on the mend, not much has changed around here really, seems a little Quiter than years gone by. I guess forums are not as popular as they once were perhaps.

we are still moaning about the weather, seeing conditions, light pollution, but most importantly still enjoying this wonderful pastime.

Edited by barkis
In wrong Place

Thank you Pete.  I do remember you at that Fest.  Great site for Astronomy Lucksall.
I enjoyed all the meets SGL had there, very enjoyable and I  would enjoy another trip there for sure.
It's a fairly long drive from Carlisle. I'm a bit older now though, and I would need to assess my ability to
get there and back in one piece 😀.

• Like 1