Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Best views of Jupiter to date for me!

wesdon1

Hi all. Just wanted to mention my incredible views of Jupiter last night! I was using my 8inch reflector, with various SW Planetary EP's, and I maxed out around 200x mag. Anything above 200x and the seeing interfered too much. I must say though, I had my best visual astro session to date last night. Jupiter was relatively HUGE in the EP! I used my polarising variable filter too, which massively helped with contrast! As a "side note" I also took my very first ever pics of the Moon with my new DSLR Camera. They're absolute rubbish, but for my very first ever astrophotography pictures, I love them! The excitement of getting those first images of something in night sky was mind blowing, and has massively increased my desire for more astrophotography...

SW 200/1000. SW HEQ5. SW various EP's. Various filters. Canon EOS Rebel T1i DSLR Camera. SW 114/500.

IMG_9591.CR2 IMG_9599.CR2

Edited by wesdon1
forgot pics!