SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Got my self a bit of Squid!

simmo39

I have always considered the Squid nebula a big boys game. With my kit and limited view over the last few weeks I have been picking away at the Squid. A few hours on any clear night I could manage got me 11hrs of subs. This is not the best image but after 11hrs I think I have reached my limit on this target for the time being.

The image is very noisy and I have had to stretch the data beyond whats good for it but Im fairly happy with the result. Taken with my ASI2600 mc with an Optolong Extreme filter through mu Askar 400 and FR.

52415745399_05765fb2bf_b.jpg

C and C welcome.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by simmo39
  • Like 8

• simmo39 changed the title to Got my self a bit of Squid!

Looks good simmo, you can definitely see the outline of the squid! Did you split the colour channels out into RGB before processing? I'm wondering if you can push the B channel harder before re-combining with the other channels?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Richard_ said:

Looks good simmo, you can definitely see the outline of the squid! Did you split the colour channels out into RGB before processing? I'm wondering if you can push the B channel harder before re-combining with the other channels?

Hi Richard. Thank you,  yep I did try that with an early version but got some weird artifacts. I may try to do it again but not push the stretch so much on the B channel ( Also pushed the G a lot ).

• Like 1

Just now, Zummerzet_Leveller said:

Turned out nice @simmo39.

Thank you, Not as nice I would have liked but I have got to the stage in processing it the more I do the worse it gets. I need to get more data but think I will leave that till another time and move on to a new target. BTW the tree has gone! got more sky now than I know what to do with! just got to get rid of the house next door 👹 lol.

• Haha 1