SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Iris nebula (NGC7023)

mgutierrez

36 minutes ago, carastro said:

Excellent result and details.   Love the dust and Iris core detail. 

I presume you mean you first image upload on here and not your first image ever.

Yes, sure, first image I upload here, not my first image ever 😄

Thanks for the comment

• Like 1

That really is a nice image, @mgutierrez.  I like that blue against the brown dust. It really is a rather special object the Iris isn’t it?  My ED80 doesn’t really do it justice because as an object it’s quite small.    It would be interesting to know how many subs/filters etc you used if you’d care to tell us. 

Edited by Ouroboros

14 minutes ago, Ouroboros said:

That really is a nice image, @mgutierrez.  I like that blue against the brown dust. It really is a rather special object the Iris isn’t it?  My ED80 doesn’t really do it justice because as an object it’s quite small.    It would be interesting to know how many subs/filters etc you used if you’d care to tell us. 

yes, sorry, I missed the details (pasted from astrobin):

Frames:
Astronomik Deep-Sky Blue 36 mm: 15×120(30′) (gain: 56.00) f/5.5 -5°C bin 1×1
Astronomik Deep-Sky Green 36mm: 15×120(30′) (gain: 56.00) f/5.5 -5°C bin 1×1
Astronomik Deep-Sky Red 36mm: 15×120(30′) (gain: 56.00) f/5.5 -5°C bin 1×1
Astronomik L-3 Luminance UV/IR Block 36 mm: 178×60(2h 58′) (gain: 56.00) f/5.5 -5°C bin 1×1
Integration:
4h 28′
Darks:
Flats:
Bias:
  • Like 1

Another great image Miguel, this is a target I have tried recently but weather was not good and much clouds passing stopped me getting any decent detail.
I take it this was with the Esprit 100 and the QHY268M ?

Like the others above I love the image and you have capured lots of the dark stuff 🙂 

Steve

23 minutes ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

Another great image Miguel, this is a target I have tried recently but weather was not good and much clouds passing stopped me getting any decent detail.
I take it this was with the Esprit 100 and the QHY268M ?

Like the others above I love the image and you have capured lots of the dark stuff 🙂 

Steve

Thanks Steve. Yes, esprit and the 268. Great combo 😄

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mgutierrez said:

Thanks Steve. Yes, esprit and the 268. Great combo 😄

That gives me moivation to try again, mind you dark skies probably help with this target, I struggle from Home with LRGB. Looks like most of the detail is added via the Luminance so perhaps that is what I should concentrate on 🙂 

Steve