Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cocoon Nebula

tooth_dr

A tight crop of the cocoon nebula through my SW 250px with the 2600MC.  Only managed 40 minutes of RGB data in 120s and 180s subs, along with about 6 hours of Ha data via the NBZ filter as the moon was too big to continue RGB capture.  I used the Ha to enhance the nebula via a layer mask.  I would guess I still am a bit lost in terms of where I want to be with my processing, but I’m really planning on getting into it this season all being well.

CS

Adam. 
12187F94-DF8D-4760-AB34-5ADD54683CC9.thumb.jpeg.353e01a1e83761396da37b45f833ae66.jpeg

• Like 24

3 hours ago, david_taurus83 said:

Hi Adam, I haven't seen (or missed?) you post on here for a while so good to see you back with a nice image!

Hi David

Thanks for your message. I’ve just been busy with everything, work, family, etc, but all 100% 👍🏻 I’ve not stopped gathering data, just processing!  I’ve amassed some 200+ hours of exposure on my PC just waiting to be processed, but I find it so hard with the overwhelming amount of ways to do it now that I barely know where to start.  Included in the list is about 700 subs on the Leo triplet and a nine panel Markarians chain mosaic 😩

• Like 1

Good to see you back posting images again Adam. I took a break capturing data between Feb and Aug but am back at it now myself. 

For only 40 mins with the 2600mc it looks really good! You can tell the Ha has made a real difference and added some nice detail inside the nebula. All it needs now is some more data and you'll have a winner. 

ps - The stars look a bit elongated from bottom-left to top-right. Given this is a tight crop and you're using a CC, it's unlikely to be coma or tilt. Do you think it was a collimation issue due to using the Ocal? 

4 hours ago, Xiga said:

Good to see you back posting images again Adam. I took a break capturing data between Feb and Aug but am back at it now myself. 

For only 40 mins with the 2600mc it looks really good! You can tell the Ha has made a real difference and added some nice detail inside the nebula. All it needs now is some more data and you'll have a winner. 

ps - The stars look a bit elongated from bottom-left to top-right. Given this is a tight crop and you're using a CC, it's unlikely to be coma or tilt. Do you think it was a collimation issue due to using the Ocal? 

Thanks Ciarán. This data was taken prior to collimating the scope with the ocal.  Just have a wee bit of spacing to correct now.