SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Strange PEC Curve / EQ6R-Pro

MikeeJC

Hi all!

I'm running a EQ6R-Pro mount and am getting a strange EQMOD PEC curve all of a sudden (see image below).  Does anyone know what could cause this?

Previously I've been getting a smooth Sine wave curve, equal top and bottom.  The only thing I've done recently is to remove a bit of play in the dec axis, being very careful not to overtighten.  After the adjustment I re-ran PEC training which then gave me this strange shaped curve.  Although I was sure at the time there was no stiction I will double check this.

Also, this may be a daft question, but how do I ensure EQMOD's PEC is properly sync'd to the mount so it's not running out of phase?  Or do I not need to worry about this?

Many thanks!

PEC Curve.JPG

The EQ6R and AZEQ6 both have optical encoders on the RA axis so that's how it probably knows where to start the PEC corrections but I couldn't say how accurate it is. I use GSS and was happy with PPEC correction at first but I've found it to be too unreliable and the mount can behave strangely with it on. Now I just use PHD's algorithm which kicks in after a couple of revolutions of the axis each time you start it.

• Like 1