SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My first image with the Astrotrac tt320x ag Andromeda

MrZuiko

Hi all,

My first time using the Astrotrac tt320x ag...........Nikon D800 with a vintage 200mm f4 manual focus nikkor @ f8

15 x 3 minute subs @1600

6 x 3 minute subs @800

10 darks

15 bias no flats

This was a quick test to see how it preformed as it was a school night and have to be up early for work!! I'm sure that I could have gone longer,next time I will take more lights etc and will try my Olympus Omd em1 with the 200mm f4 nikkor lens which will give me a focal length of 400mm to get a bit closer.

Very happy with the results.....first time using astrotronomy tools set and photoshop.......very new to processing help and advice always welcome!

Clear skies.

Ash.

M31 Andromeda copy 3.jpg

Edited by MrZuiko
  • Like 8

Hi Bryan,

Thanks fella......old tech by todays standards but a lovely piece of engineering , not wanting to start a war but it beats my skywatcher star adventurer pro at that focal length as I only ever managed to get 45 seconds @200mm and I really want to see how the astrotrac handles longer lenses and longer subs!

What's your longest focal length/sub that you have managed to get with yours? according to "photon's to photo's" my Oly has a much better s/n ratio than my D800 eager to try that on Andromeda and a longer focal length!

Ash.

Edited by MrZuiko