Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M31 Andromeda

powerlord

Rubbish weather last night, but forecast had an hour at 2am clear - so figured I'd set up and grap some RGB stars for my 3 latest NB images.

Just in case it stayed clear, I setup M31 for a close view with the 200pds and asi2600.

I forgot the turn the dew heater on the asi2600, so list 100 of the 150 subs to dew/fog on lens (for the third time.. MUST REMEMBER TO TURN DEW HEATER ON!!!). So.. only 141 mins of 3 min subs in the end. But it turned out ok - and a bit different from the wide views you usually see of our nearest neighbour.

As usual, APP to stack, affinity photo for the rest of it.

andromeda.thumb.jpg.60f61537be0ff44ed077323e864756d3.jpg

• Like 14

• 4 weeks later...
On 04/10/2022 at 17:47, powerlord said:

any better ? photometric calibrated in Siril.

andromeda2.thumb.jpg.a25bd89c3f5dc58adeddae9ff1c6ff78.jpg

That's a really good image! It would be good to know how you processed this in Affinity Photo. I've just captured over 6 hours of data but my image doesn't look anywhere near this. Thanks. 

On 04/10/2022 at 17:47, powerlord said:

any better ? photometric calibrated in Siril.

Looking gorgeous. Try applying a bit of CLAHE in Siril. That should help make the dark patches standout. I would use a clip limit value of between 0.5-0.8.

16 hours ago, AstroMuni said:

Looking gorgeous. Try applying a bit of CLAHE in Siril. That should help make the dark patches standout. I would use a clip limit value of between 0.5-0.8.

I'll give that a go then. I've never managed to get clahe to do anything useful before

On 30/10/2022 at 18:42, Steve143 said:

That's a really good image! It would be good to know how you processed this in Affinity Photo. I've just captured over 6 hours of data but my image doesn't look anywhere near this. Thanks. 

Let me see. Can maybe post my affinity pic