Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Adaptor for Celestron C14 to attach ZWO camera

Hi, I have asked this question before in another forum, but got quiet confusing answers, so i thought i would ask here as a few here have C14 scopes.

I have the XLT version,  so it is the non Edge version of the C14

The camera that i am trying to attach is a ZWO asi2600mc

Now what i am trying to do is find the correct accessory that i need to get from the Celestron Thread to a M48 or M42 thread so that i can add my spacers to get o the correct back focus distance

The thread i am referring to is the one that the Celestron Diagonal screws directly onto

I was looking at this T-Adaptor: Celestron part number  # 93633-A  

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/adapters/celestron-sct-t-adapter.html

The site tells me it is a 50mm adaptor that is used for DSLR cameras,  I was thinking that i could add my spacers on the end of this to get me to the correct back focus.

Celestron says on their site that  5.475 inches from 3 in-2in reducer plate  or 5.975 inches in from primary mirror baffle tube lock ring,  Since i have no idea what they are on about when they say 5.475 inches from 3 in-2in reducer plate,  I am assuming this is that plate that the diagonal screws into?

So if that is correct,  converting it all to metric to make it easier,  5.475 inches = 139mm

So that Celestron T-Adaptor that i have the link to is 50mm, camera sensor is 17.5mm, so that means i need a spacer of 71.5mm

And advice or corrections on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.