Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

12v Jump Starter

5 hours ago, 900SL said:

Lifepo offers three great advantages. A flat discharge curve to 90% DoD, light weight and theoretical long life

Offset this against high initial cost and the fact that the support electronics in the battery bank may fail well before the cells.

I use twin 40Ah AGM deep cycle batteries. Light enough to carry singly, good service life, spill proof and you can run them down a fair bit without going below 12v.

Connect in parallel for all night performance, missus

I ended up opting for a Celestron  LiNiMnCoO2 😂 I know what a long name. It’s just called the LT for short. It’s selling point is that it maintains its voltage throughout the discharge cycle. I use it for my EQ mount whilst I use another Orion Dynamo pro for all my dew heaters etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bosun21 said:

I ended up opting for a Celestron  LiNiMnCoO2 😂 I know what a long name. It’s just called the LT for short. It’s selling point is that it maintains its voltage throughout the discharge cycle. I use it for my EQ mount whilst I use another Orion Dynamo pro for all my dew heaters etc.

Wont the DP power your mount too? 

1 hour ago, Mike Q said:

Wont the DP power your mount too? 

Yes it probably would, but with the Skywatcher EQ go to mounts being very temperamental about the voltage being 12v. I thought it prudent not to risk it dipping below this if running three dew heaters. I don’t fancy having to do the alignment process over again which is what would happen if the voltage dropped.