Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NINA, issue reporting mount different time from computer - But it isnt

@teoria_del_big_bang I saw a post on Discord with the exact same issue and someone's workaround was and I quote "I run a CEM60 (unsupported) and have the same issue. My workaround is to open up Commander first before starting NINA, sync time with PC, and then open NINA and connect the mount. It seems to work consistently for the most part. I do get the site settings differ popup on a rare occasion, but I don't get the warning."

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, michael8554 said:

Does the date 2022-10-01 =  10th January ?

Or, you've shown the iOptron and PC time, but what is the time in NINA ?

Michael

Thanks for the suggestion,

No it is 1st October as last time I looked it was 2022:09-30.
Is there a time in NINA ? 
I sort of assumed it used the PC time, also never thought of that as the warning says that PC time and Mount time are different. I am not dismissing this but I cannot seem to fine anywhere to set the time in NINA and I guess as it gets shut down and reopened regularly it must either sync with the PC time or just use it directly, but this is said with no confidence.

Steve

22 minutes ago, scotty38 said:

@teoria_del_big_bang I saw a post on Discord with the exact same issue and someone's workaround was and I quote "I run a CEM60 (unsupported) and have the same issue. My workaround is to open up Commander first before starting NINA, sync time with PC, and then open NINA and connect the mount. It seems to work consistently for the most part. I do get the site settings differ popup on a rare occasion, but I don't get the warning."

I will try, although if not an actual issue it probably doesnt matter in the end 🙂 

Steve

I sometimes get this when I connect to the mount directly from NINA (which kicks off Commander). The settings from the mount are then not correct in Commander - guide speed, meridian settings, clock. So I close Commander and restart, and all is OK.  So normally - I start Commander first, double check mount settings, then start NINA.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Fegato said:

I sometimes get this when I connect to the mount directly from NINA (which kicks off Commander). The settings from the mount are then not correct in Commander - guide speed, meridian settings, clock. So I close Commander and restart, and all is OK.  So normally - I start Commander first, double check mount settings, then start NINA.

Thanks, It sounds like this is the way to do it, so will try this 🙂 

Steve