Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

North America Nebula (NGC 7000) / 30th September 2022

WilliamAstro

752236243_NorthAmericaNebula30_09_2022.thumb.png.06df9a6abe09ff9e62a6ae562d59f264.png

From this night brings a clear sky as I took my rig out to image the North America Nebula. It has been guided using ZWO120MM, ZWO 30mm F4 Miniscope with PHD2.

Camera used: Canon 600D (Modified)

Equipment:

Skywatcher Star-Adventurer 2i

Canon EF 75-300mm f4-5.6 III (Image taken at 100mm focal length)

Software:

PHD2

DeepSkyStacker

Photoshop 2022

5 x 22 minute exposure for lights

17 darks

15 flats

15 dark flats

Total exposure time: Over 1hr and 50 minutes

In fact this is my second attempt at imaging a deepsky object and I am quite triumphant about the end results. Cannot wait for other nebulas like Orion Nebula and Horsehead Nebula. :)

Cheers and clear skies!

William

Edited by WilliamAstro
  • Like 4

Well done William.  The Pelican is also showing nicely.  It is wonderful to to see large targets like the NA neb given enough room.

One problem with these widefield images is that the stars can become a bit intrusive during the processing.  I see you are using photoshop.  There is a superb plug in for PS called StarXterminator.  It is around £50 but it is invaluable for this sort of image.

On 02/10/2022 at 09:39, MartinB said:

Well done William.  The Pelican is also showing nicely.  It is wonderful to to see large targets like the NA neb given enough room.

One problem with these widefield images is that the stars can become a bit intrusive during the processing.  I see you are using photoshop.  There is a superb plug in for PS called StarXterminator.  It is around £50 but it is invaluable for this sort of image.

Made a starless version. :) 

By the way regarding the stars, I used Color Range to select them, used Expand and Feather then used the Minimum tool so the stars can be less intrusive.