Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Veil (or part of it...)

Davesellars

Taken last night as nice and transparent night but now visual astronomy for me as still recovering from a bad cold so quickly setup the EQ5 with RA motor only. Polar aligned (not too bad) with the 80ED and DSLR (70D)

This is from 30 x 1 min exposures @ ISO1600 (this just about gets me to a good position on the histogram)
I did take 15 lights from 2 minute exposures as well however the EQ5 or something else (flexure) was causing too much movement over that time period (no guiding here!) so I didn't use them in the end.  Seems that 1 minute exposures is about the limit for this mount unguided anyway...

I used flats and bias frames this time. No darks as doesn't seem to make much difference... :p Processed in StarTools .

Veil2_sm.thumb.jpg.c487fd2758974706448e481bf61f5f2e.jpg

Edited by Davesellars
  • Like 1

Looks like a good result for half hour and a rough polar alignment! 

I’ve been developing my setup and spent a lot of time recently imaging the Cygnus loop and found that using starnet++ and running some star reduction really helps it pop in post processing. 

• Like 1