SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Kelling fish pond.

I didn't see too many stars at Kelling this time round but did manage a quick photo of the pond. I seem to have a " Thing " for water and couldn't resist. Just a few minutes after this tranquil shot the heavens opened, obviously to top it up and that was another night done for !

Nikon Z6.2, 20mm f1.8S, single exposure 20 seconds, ISO 3200 at f 2.2

The bush to the right of the photo is way out of focus but I didn't even see it in the dark. Ah well.

Dave.

Kelling Jupiter.jpg

Edited by davew
  • Like 20

The Nikon Z6 does well with ambient foregrounds, in the right hands.  My Canon has an iso-variant sensor and is one of the reasons for the light painting I'm doing.

Hope you get more opportunities this season!

Paul

Edited by clarkpm4242
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, clarkpm4242 said:

The Nikon Z6 does well with ambient foregrounds, in the right hands.  My Canon has an iso-variant sensor and is one of the reasons for the light painting I'm doing.

Hope you get more opportunities this season!

Paul

The latest round of mirrorless cameras seem to be a step up from some of the older DSLRs. If you look at the analysis of the Z6ii, Sony A7iv and the Canon R5 they are almost identical in their approach to read noise. Set any of them between ISO800 to 6400 and super glue the setting ! They all employ a second gain circuit that drops the read noise significantly. Then all you have to do is buy the fastest lenses and away you go 😉 You're right about the light painting as it overpowers any noise.

Funnily enough it's you, amongst a very few others, who have kept my interest going through the cloudy New Moon cycle of late. At least at Kelling I had a nice long walk with a good friend to offset the cloud and wind and rain.

Dave

• Like 2

I was trying to work out how to say I like the foreground and the depth of field etc but figured Pauls comment " The Nikon Z6 does well with ambient foregrounds, in the right hands." will do just fine :)

You may not have seen the bush on the right but it would have been the first thing you'd have noticed had you taken one step further forward 🙂

James

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...