SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Anybody using a USB to serial to parallel?

Sam

Sam

The normal USB>Serial>Parallel adaptor doesn't work for the LX mod. You need to buy one from Astronomiser. This contains a couple of transistors to do the switching. OR you could make your own. There are details on Peter K3's site.

HTH

Steve

Sam

The normal USB>Serial>Parallel adaptor doesn't work for the LX mod. You need to buy one from Astronomiser. This contains a couple of transistors to do the switching. OR you could make your own. There are details on Peter K3's site.

HTH

Steve

Hi Steve, I've got the astronomiser USB to serial and the astronomiser serial to parallel.

cheers

Sam

Ahh, OK then, what capture s/w are you using and what OS?

Mine is only about 50% reliable with K3 and PHD but is better (~75%) with wxAstrocapture. Probably due to Vista! If using wx... then you have to click the "Invert Signal" box (or something like that). If you are using PHD then it's just a case of chosing the correct camera. From memory it is the last (or penultimate) camera in the drop down (scroll to the bottom of the list).

• 3 weeks later...

In the driver settings dialogue, check the frame rate is set to 5 fps and the exposure time to it's longest, i.e., 1/25th of a second.

Vista can be a pain with webcams, but in my experience, wxAstroCapture solves most of this.

Andy

Archived