Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My new Observatory

scotty38

Thought I'd post this as I got the dome up over the weekend. I'm not one for documenting every step so apologies for not doing that.... Still have to terminate the SWA cable and do all the fine configuration etc before it's really ready to go. I'll also need to then take everything out and put my floor down and seal the base and things like that but the main stuff is done I guess....

IMG_0636.thumb.jpg.c1767fff2440cf35b518494ee26d06cb.jpg1393043922_Domeinside.thumb.JPG.361490e48e55a317cecc7dd535483217.JPG

• Like 17

Thanks and yes that's the plan. I'm already using NINA so I just need to add the Observatory into the mix. Once it's basically working I just need a clear night to make sure all the settings are correct and the dome is actually doing what it should and that my safety routines work etc etc.

• Like 1

I run the 32 bit NINA but use it just to control the dome. In NINA I connect the mount (EQ8-r) and the dome and it tracks really well. It did take me a while to get to grips with the Dome settings but once sorted it works great. I used Steve Richards setup as a guide for the offsets etc.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tomatobro said:

I run the 32 bit NINA but use it just to control the dome. In NINA I connect the mount (EQ8-r) and the dome and it tracks really well. It did take me a while to get to grips with the Dome settings but once sorted it works great. I used Steve Richards setup as a guide for the offsets etc.

I'm using 64 bit NINA but I have everything running in it but snap to using Steve's setup as a guide. I will say I've had a little bit of a problemette with my dome controller so Steve at Pulsar is sending me another one out but he has been absolutely brilliant, couldn't ask for more.

Edited by scotty38

Correction. My NINA is the 64 bit version not 32 bit as stated earlier. Its also interesting to compare our two experiences with Pulasr controller issues.

I could not get any sense out of the induction charging unit and found Pulsars support very lacking. Requests for help were met with "I will speak to the developers and get back to you" which they never did. In the end I built my own charging system which connects when the dome is in the home position and it works ok. Also produces sensible charging data as to what is going into the batteries.

Don't get me wrong, the rest of the system is good so overall I am content.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tomatobro said:

Correction. My NINA is the 64 bit version not 32 bit as stated earlier. Its also interesting to compare our two experiences with Pulasr controller issues.

I could not get any sense out of the induction charging unit and found Pulsars support very lacking. Requests for help were met with "I will speak to the developers and get back to you" which they never did. In the end I built my own charging system which connects when the dome is in the home position and it works ok. Also produces sensible charging data as to what is going into the batteries.

Don't get me wrong, the rest of the system is good so overall I am content.

Look into solar charging, which is what I have done on my Pulsar mark one dome.

Steve