Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EAF AF problem

I've hit an obstacle on my TS 80mm F6. There isn't enough inward focus for my EAF (electronic automatic focuser) to perform an AF (autofocus) routine.

I could solve it by removing the CAA (cameras angle adjuster) but I am then stuck with one fov as everything is threaded together. 

Any suggestions?

Should I swap the .8 reducer for a x1 flattener instead?

Is there a rotator that can thread into the backspacing?

20220918_170028.thumb.jpg.9699242c5e7df7ae1b7fa9af8f53cb61.jpg

The focus position is a ~5mm gap where the yellow arrow is pointed. 

Edited by Pitch Black Skies

Thanks, 5mm does sound like too much for it to be moving.

It's already manually focused at that point so only need minor adjustments. 

I do everything through the ASIair app. I will connect the eaf to my laptop to make sure all internal settings are correct. Maybe there's a driver update.

Just looking at your problem, the only way is to move the CAA from its present position & place it behind the reducer, if you're really lucky the rear of the reducer will unscrew at the point shown by the orange arrow & reveal a M63x1 thread... maybe you could ask TS

Peter 

IMG_20221003_211131.jpg

Edited by whipdry
Add picture

Hi Peter, well spotted. And yes your right, it does indeed have an m63 male thread there. However it increases the backspacing from 55mm to 63.3mm.

I meet my 55mm with a 10mm and 16.5mm extension. 

I've come up with another solution to incorporate an m48 rotator into the backspacing. 

What do you think?

20221003_223231.thumb.jpg.d6a24bfe7c7884a9632166c5d17ea8df.jpg

I should mention that there's an EFW between the camera and the 10mm extension. 

Edited by Pitch Black Skies

Yes did think you could swop out the CAA as in your second sketch... how about you remove the adapter from the back of the reducer (guess it's female m63 to male m48) fit your existing CAA directly to the back of the reducer, next fit the adapter you removed from the reducer to the CAA (hope it fits) then one of your adapters m48 to t-mount... t-mount to t-mount in the size required to make up back spacing? 

Btw names Peter 

• Thanks 1