The Cygnus Wall in H-Alpha

AMcD

I am slowly progressing with dialing in the QHY268M, with the inestimable help of @Richard_, @ollypenrice, @teoria_del_big_bang, @Starflyer and others, to whom I am very grateful.  Last night I managed to get some further data at shorter exposure lengths as part of a test to see if I can address an issue with my star shapes.  This image now represents 9hrs and 50minutes (4 hours 10 mins of 600s frames and 5 hours 40mins of 360 frames) taken through an Antlia 3nm h-alpha filter on a TS 152 achromatic refractor mounted on a Losmandy G11.  The data was captured with SGPro guided with PHD2, stacked in DSS and processed using PS and Starnet.  I am particularly pleased that the camera has managed to split the two stars of what I believe is ES 1451 on the shoulder of the wall.  I am hoping to get some RGB over the next few clear nights (whenever that maybe) and try my first HaRGB image.  

TIFF: NGC7000_9hrs_50mins_H-Alpha_268M.tif

NGC7000_9hrs_50mins_H-Alpha_268MSGL.thumb.png.f6791456c6d9830abd12f8e4930dfa5f.png

Edited by AMcD
Increased contrast version added.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Fantastic result! Those stars are looking really good now, I'm glad that the reduced exposure time has killed off those star trails. You have a solid sounding setup, so you just need some clear skies now. I'm looking forward to seeing your final HaRGB image 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1