Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Shed conversation starting

tim r

Starting to convert my shed to a roll on roll of roof , got the pier in place under more than 3ft of concrete bought the roller controller just need to work out the roof and movement. Will do what I always do and make it up on the fly

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 4

When I looked at this last night, my tired brain did not equate the tiled roof structure as the one being converted.
As @Swoop1 says...

6 hours ago, Swoop1 said:

Wow! That is going to be a very heavy roof. 

I think you will need more than lightweight tiles; the existing roof will be built to support them as well,
That roof will be very heavy and possibly ties the whole structure together as well in some manner.

In answer to you own question...

3 hours ago, tim r said:

what the worst that can happen

Well quite a lot really, 
I would look at removing the roof, start fresh and tie the walls together at the top with a sub frame.
Then run a much lighter rolling roof on and off.

On a possitive note, great project, great ethusiasm, keep it rolling, but ask lots of questions before you act is my suggestion.

• Like 2

Hi the roofs completely going it’s  6x4 timber and 4x2 interlocking so I’m thinking of using 3x2 timber with a small apex pitch with light weight tiles the ones which are use on conservatory’s . I built it almost 20 years ago for the kids so it’s time to put it to good use I’m not sure it’s walls might be too high but with the door it will be a pain to lower.

• Like 1

hi tim,  like your plan of attack, decided to do it and went for it. Brilliant.  i hope you enjoy the finished product. im looking forward to seeing it. Well done that man, go to the top of the class.👏

• Like 2

Another day nearer completion, roof covered front elevation constructed and upvc done, weather permitting back apex cladded. Then  finish  the roof with the  lightweight plastic tiles.

C081E576-D541-4309-A2F3-5B3060B97B8C.jpeg

2C9A260C-EB2C-4FB2-A175-29333E1D8F16.jpeg

21A2FAD9-FDAD-4933-AE03-5D67D662E44A.jpeg

27F61C73-521B-4488-90C9-3D3009FA9EC8.jpeg

• Like 4

Back apex done, got 50% of roof tiles in  with the lightweight plastic tiles they  look much better then I thought. If only I could of started the morning instead of 2 in the afternoon roof would  of been done

CB131566-CC9B-46F2-ACA5-27F3DDBA8B41.jpeg

9C747973-76C4-4592-BF0A-25820D907E6D.jpeg

• Like 1