Narrowband

Asi120mc with Skywatcher 200p Classic

TerraC

I have an asi120mc that I was using as a guidescope on my refractor.  I thought id try to use this for some planetary images on my 200p classic but I cant seem to achieve focus. Ive tried connecting with the nose piece and screwing on directly and removing the black extension tube but the best I seem to get is a picture of the mirror.  Anyone have any ideas? Thinking of trying a barlow next but not sure if that would make things worse. 

Thanks 

Ray

20220925_084227.thumb.jpg.52e4cbd731000f44646bc116090962d2.jpg

Not sure where exactly the focus point on the 200p is, but I've got the 250p flextube and the focus point when using a camera is very close to the draw tube, to the point where I had to screw directly and even then was only just about to achieve focus.

Using a barlow definitely helped to bring the focus point further out, so I'd recommend using a barlow

• Thanks 1

Hi Ray

The image is formed about where the white lines converge, and the camera sensor is roughly where the black line is.

EDIT: The ads for 200P's show the extension with a eyepiece in it, so I assumed that worked as per my diagram.

But Adam may have the real story.

Michael

25Sept.jpg.eed9965f31e72fdf26d1d25506f93994.jpg

Edited by michael8554
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys. I have a 2x barlow so I will give that a try when the clouds clear again. I gave up last night and went to visual on Jupiter and moons then on to andromeda so the session wasnt wasted 😀

Ray

• Like 2