Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M42 + M44

Imahumanbeing

Hello everyone.

I got a new Celestron 80ED Refractor (wahoo!) and am using it with my Nexstar SLT GT Mount and Canon 1000D. I have had problems trying to get it all balanced, tight and loose enough to track the sky but I am getting there. I have wanted to get the Orion Neb more than anything and managed to get about 1 hours worth of 10 and 15 sec lights tonight, which turned into about 15 minutes worth and the rest being deleted because of the wind. I got some of the Beehive cluster as well the other night but it was windy then too so I got about 15 minutes worth again. I am very happy with the 80ED, now I can finally start getting some pictures which aren't full of "comet stars" caused by Coma. I have had a little bash at processing these pictures and have cropped them a bit. The 80ED is awesome!

Cheers

Jamie

IMG_Beehive0001.jpg

Orions Neb27thMarchGIMP.jpg

post-15495-13387736278_thumb.jpg

post-15495-133877362788_thumb.jpg

Awesome shots, well done. The adaptors to connect my scope to the 20D arrive on Monday (along with a host of other accessories ;) ), so it's inspirational to see that short exposure subs on an alt-az can produce beautiful results with (a lot of) effort.

Good job!

Nick

Haha!!!!! I can just imagine you chilling out mate! I will be charging the camera and powertank up and hopefully will be out for a while! If the moon is mega bright then I will have to get some pictures of it, if not then I might try and get some more of the Leo Triplet or try get M51, that spiral galaxy!!! How have you changed that thing with your name on it blinking?

JAMIE LAD!!

If you go onto www.cooltext.com you can create a little logo. Then I saved it to my PC, and uploaded it onto here. Yeah man. That moon pic you sent me was kickass. Very nice.

Yeah I'm chilling with some beers. Problem is that my washing machine goes on a mad one when it's on the spin cycle, and it's half-way across the kitchen, so I gotta go sort it.

CARLSBERG EXPORT!!

Take it easy brother,

Mikeee

Archived