Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Observational Report 9th April

A mixed Night..

Started off by setting up the Skymax 127 MAK and observing the Moon, some great views were taken in using a Meade Zoom Eyepiece(Review soon) Copernicus looked awesome as ever the central mountains cast small shadows and was fun to watch them shrink as the Night went on, along the terminator observed SINUS IRIDUM which was great a high Mags the North slopes of Monte's Jura were a sight to behold :shock: as was Monte's Carpartus with nice shadows on view...

Next was Saturn a Fav of everyones and now my brothers after i showed him and the wow factor came out :) Splendid views of the rings Cassini div clearly seen with a hint of the enk too..

M44 was buzzing as ever.

Leo Triplet not so great even at low powers could be seen but nothing great Moonglow was partly to blame using the Moonglow filter helped but still not up to it tonight..

Jupiter was an awesome sight at all Mags fine details through out..

M13 WOW looks amazing in the scope and the Zoom set at 10mm propeller was evident and many many stars could be resolved.

M51 Fantastical in a 40mm EP clearly observed the Spiral Arms NGC 5195 looked great too it can be understood why Astronomers think Ngc 5195 is pulling M51 with gravitational force.

M101 faint Arms were observed with the 40mm EP.

M64 A small dark lane was observed in the centre..

M57 really nice central Star was Observed in a moment of good seeing resolution of the scope showed what could be seen with the scope.

Quick peek at the coat hanger before packing up for night :lol:

The cloud's were a constant pain after observing the Moon but a night well worth the effort and made a great change from imaging although i couldnt help myself with Jupiter :)

James

PS:Had a nightly visit from grey Squiral even came up to me and run over my foot :shock: went inside and got some Monkey Nuts and threw them on the lawn for his/hers nigth snack! :)

Thanks everyone for your comments, Ian it the nail on the head it was a Fun observing session nothing techy about at all hehehe just wanted to look up :lol::)

WH yeah this 127 Mak performs so well :)

James

Never mind the astro report...Tell us more about the squirrel!!

Hehe errrr liked the Monkey Nuts about Mag 21 observed the movement but Bush's got in the way before an image with the Toucam Could be taken. Tracking was off

Thanks

James

Interesting report James,

M51 Fantastical in a 40mm EP

That is particularly interesting; 40mm doesn't always work well in smaller Maks; it tends to reveal central darkening from the secondary. I guess 5" must be OK.

Martin there not Bad but the Claws get stuck in the back of your throat :lol:

That is particularly interesting; 40mm doesn't always work well in smaller Maks; it tends to reveal central darkening from the secondary. I guess 5" must be OK.

Yes Steve it worked a treat!

Martin there not Bad but the Claws get stuck in the back of your throat :lol:

Yes Steve it worked a treat!

Hhmmm, perhaps I'd better hang on to my 40mm after all 8)

Archived