Narrowband

Kelling Heath - SGL members attending

My first astro camp so would be nice to know who on SGL is attending if you are happy for your whereabouts to be known 😂

If you are then please reply and I will add the info to this OP for everyone to see.
If you are happy for it to be displayed things like pitch, dates attending, actual name, whether observing or imaging and maybe an idea of equipment you hope to bring.

Unfortunately CO is reporting a fairly bad week at the moment but let's be hopeful as it often get it wrong and can change before we attend. 
If you have any equipment to sell or swap also could mentiion in your post for people to see (if thats allowed - mods PM me if only allowed in classified section)

teoria_del_big_bang      Steve                              311 - Red      20th to 27th  Imaging   -  Esprit 100ED / QHY268M + QHY FW
petevasey                      Peter                               313 - Red                           Imaging if clear long enough!    - SharpStar 140, TS65 quad.
AstroKeith                      Keith                              329 - Red                                             -  18" Dob, AllSkyCamera                                       https://astrokeith.com
apaulo                           Paul                                257 - Blue     20th to 27th                     - starfield 102 and  200p reflector
carastro                         Carole                             3
11 - Red      20th to 27th    
paulastro                       Paul                                138 - Yellow   20th to 27th                  -Celestron StarSense Explorer 8 inch Dob
-----------> with paulastro       Andy (Astronomy Centrer Todmorden)                -Radio Ham & radio astronomer
powerlord                     Stu                                   418 - Red      23rd to 25th  Imaging   - AM5, EQ5 , 200pds , C925 , wide angle stuff redcat + 135mm / asi533 / asi2600 
Anne S                          Anne                                149 Yellow     19th to 27th   - Ioptron IEQ45 +152 & 60mm refractors, Ioptron IEQ30pro +70mm refractor,
                                                                                                                                Atik camera for imaging. & Ioptron tracking mount to capture wide field images.
baggywrinkle                                                         118 Yellow     
arriving Thursday 22nd  flying a White Ensign over a Submarine Service flag....(in the day only....)

Edited by teoria_del_big_bang

I'll be there, Red Field pitch 313.  SharpStar 140, TS65 quad.  19th to 25th (at Kielder 26th to 30th).  Imaging if clear long enough!

Cheers,

Peter

Edited by petevasey
Added details.
  • Like 1

I'll be on T138 along with Andy from The Astronomy Centre nr Todmorden.  I'll be bringing a Celestron StarSense Explorer 8 inch Dob.  Andy is a radioham and a radio astronomer, not sure what he will bring, but it will almost certainly include a very tall aerial (around thirty feet tall),  so we will be easy to spot!

We will be there from 20th to 27th.

Edited by paulastro
  • Like 2

Just now, powerlord said:

red 418. looks for the pitch entirely covered by trees on all sides.

For some inexplicable reason this was still available in August, so I snapped it up.

Oh kit wise not decided - I plan to try and mount it all on the motorhome roof to get some sort of view (first test tonight).

It it works I'll be brining my AM5, a frankenstien EQ5 both with asiair brains - and prob 200pds , C925 and wide angle stuff like redcat and 135mm - and asi533 and asi2600 and poss asi1600+filters.

Only there fri/sat/sun night - so to be honest if forecast is pants I might slim that down a fair amount.

fitting ethernet switch and cables into motorhome today (sick of unreliable wifi when out and about)

stu

• Like 1

Just in case items for sale IS allowed...

I'll be bringing a 2" camera rotator.  Manual of course!  Made by me and works well, no longer required.

'T' thread one end, M48 (2" filter thread) the other.   Push fit in normal focuser 2" clamp.  Solid and strong.

Also a venerable manual filter wheel.

Offers at the time . (Pitch 313 Red Field)

Cheers, Peter

• Like 1

I'm on yellow T149. We'll have amps Ioptron IEQ45 with a 152mm and 60mm refractors on and an Ioptron IEQ30pro with a 70mm refractor and Atik camera for imaging. 

Also a Ioptron tracking mount to capture wide field images.

Not all my equipment!

Anne

• Like 2

T118 Yellow Dragonfly, will be flying a White Ensign over a Submarine Service flag....(in the day only....) arriving Thursday 22nd...

ZWO AM5 and Celestron Evolution mounts, 8" Edge, 52mm Whitecat, 60mm Daystar and other bits

Edited by baggywrinkle
added kit
  • Like 1

woopee doo.

meteogram_web.png.fb0a296010f9e343a981313aaa3442a2.png

5 months of sun  and it chooses THIS weekend to change.

I reckon I will pack the bare minimum kit 'just in case'. Though I'm tempted to not bother and take the paramotor instead - sunday night at least looking good for flying along the coast...

stu

• Like 1

Tuesday night became pretty clear but not until around midnight till early in morning, many had given up on it and gone to bed anyway, I managed to get some imaging done.
Last night a toal blank but woke up to glourious sunshine and pretty clear skies but probably will not last until dark 😞 

Steve

• Like 1

9 hours ago, powerlord said:

woopee doo.

5 months of sun  and it chooses THIS weekend to change.

I reckon I will pack the bare minimum kit 'just in case'. Though I'm tempted to not bother and take the paramotor instead - sunday night at least looking good for flying along the coast...

stu

When do you arrive Stu ?

Steve

Not quite the week I would idealy have wanted with more cloud than you can throw a stick at but for my first star party I very much enjoyed it and it was great to eet some fellow astronomers.
It was especially good to meet up with some other SGL members and so sorry if I didn't manage to see one or two of you.

Steve

• Like 4