Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Orion Dynamo Pro 155wh at FLO

I use one to power my dew heaters on my 10 inch.  I recharge it every three or four sessions.  The only issue I have with it is it is only good down to 14 degrees F.  Other then that.... I love it

• 4 months later...

I got one of these last October, but it's gone kaput after about half a dozen sessions, and just won't hold any charge anymore. To be fair, FLO have refunded me with no quibbles.

I'm tempted to get another one, as I want something to run a Nextar 6SE plus a heated dewshield and the equivalent priced Celestron one will only power one thing at at a time - but I'm wondering whether I got a duff one or whether anyone else has had any problems? 

On 16/02/2023 at 23:18, mickstanger said:

but I'm wondering whether I got a duff one or whether anyone else has had any problems? 

Not seen any problems with mine yet, although due to cloudy skies it's only on its second charge. I have noticed that it takes a lot longer than the quoted 6-7 hours for a full charge. It's something like 12 hours with mine

I have been using mine all throughout the winter and some months previous as well and I think it’s better than the Celestron LT. I have used it in below freezing to run my three dew heaters for hours and when I bring it indoors to recharge it, it’s never been below half charge. The only slight downside is that it takes a little longer to recharge.

I now have two of them and i have had no issues with it working as advertised.  One of them runs my XX16G and the three fans on it.  I will say up front i have not had an extended session with it yet so how long it will last with the scope i dont know yet.  As i previously mentioned the other runs my dew heaters on my 10 inch, it last for ...... Well i cant say how long it lasts as i recharge it about every third session and its still at half or better.  As to charge time, i plug it in and forget about it until the next day and its charged up and ready to go.  All in all a very handy power supply

When I got mine there was a bit of a problem with the order with the Dynamo going to unavailable while waiting for another part of the order to come in. In our email exchange Chris at FLO said that they were end of line, so there's not likely to be any more, which is a shame as they seem good. Apart from the odd duff one though