SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

PA drift and balancing after adding SestoSenso focuser.

So i decided to take the plunge and have added a Sesto Senso to my imaging setup (Ioptron CEM25p, WO ZS73ii, PPB, and AA269c)

Fitted yesterday, and mounted to CEM25p, but when trying to achieve balance, the weight of the focuser (circa 300gr) is always pulling so the focuser lies downward.

As everything else in my rig is mounted through the central axis, do i need to counterbalance the weight of the focuser to achieve balance? (If you know the Sesto Sesto, it does stick out quite a way from the central axis)

Any help appreciated, as it looks to be a clear night tonight.

TIA, Dave

IMG_2072.JPG

I had a similar issue with a ZWO EAF fitted to my Evostar 100ED DS Pro. Fortunately, I've fitted the upgraded focuser which allows me to rotate the focuser so the EAF is above the central line of the scope. 

You may be able to do the same by rotating the scope in the rings?  

• Like 1

Good shout  @Budgie1, i can relocate the finder fairly easy....... but the guide camera, thats a different story. Will try to slide the guide scope as far forward as possible and see if it works. 🤞

Edited by Nugs
  • Like 1

The SestoSenso may not have to be vertical, you may find the Pocket Power Box will act as a slight counter-weight. So the guide scope can stay where it is but you can rotate the focuser enough to allow you to balance the scope. 🤔

• Like 1

Will have a play in a bit and see what clearance I've got, i did intend on using the RDF and PPB to counter balance the SestoSesto, but it is a bit of a lump away from centre.

If all else fails, it may be OAG time. 🤔🤑.

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/09/2022 at 15:08, Nugs said:

Will have a play in a bit and see what clearance I've got, i did intend on using the RDF and PPB to counter balance the SestoSesto, but it is a bit of a lump away from centre.

If all else fails, it may be OAG time. 🤔🤑.

No point using a oag on a 70 mm scope..

Just put something to counterbalance on the other side