Narrowband

SGP focussing in wrong direction

MartinB

I am trying to set up autofocus in SGP.  I am using a Tak FSQ with a robofocusser and a Mount Hub Pro V4.  The default focus setting using the MHP software moves the draw tube inwards when focussing out and vice versa.  This is corrected by selecting "reverse direction".  When I use the focus control in SGP clicking the out box moves the focusser in.  This still happens when I have selected "reverse direction" in MHPv4.  I cannont find a way to reverse the direction withiin SGP.  Given that the v curve generation operates based on an inward movement I cannot currently use autofocussing.  I'm sure I'm missing something very straight forward.  I has sought high and low for a reverse direction check box.  It must be in there somewhere!!  Can anyone help!

I've now found the "reverse direction" check box in in the control panel.  Still some gremlins.  MHP focus control increases the stepper motor value on zooming in whereas conventionally I thought fully zoomed in should be 0 as it is with the SGP focus control.  I set my close focus position under MHP to 1500.  Connect to SGP and the stepper value is around 64000.  I can set the focus control to overide maximum steps in the control panel.  I am getting some odd behaviours.  Sometimes there is no response to the in and out commands from the focus control, on other occassions there is a loss of control with the motor running away and I have to switch off the power!  Am I alone in having these problems?

Are you running the 4.2 version of SGP.?  Since that update I have found SGP to be less than stable.  Last night the autofocus failed because SGP would not calculate HFRs.  This was cured by downloading a further update (4.2.0.903).  However, I was still getting weird behaviours such as the 'Take One Frame' function getting stuck and taking frames continuously.  The denouement was SGP crashing in the early hours, putting an end to the session.   If you have not updated to 4.2.0.903 that might help eradicate the odd behaviours but, as I say, it does not seem to cure all.

• Like 1

Me too.  I have spent the entire afternoon trying to get SGPro to work with my new QHY268M but it keeps crashing.   It might be something I am doing of course, but I think I will have a go with NINA and if it works, I don't think I will look back!

Martin, definitely migrate to NINA mate.  I did so last year and it is head and shoulders better than SGP.  It only takes a few nights to get used to it and there are a ton of YouTube videos on it.  Check out Chad and Patriot Astro on YouTube.

• Like 1