Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Field Flattener Adapter.

So I own an Esprit 100ED - and it's served me wonderfully since buying it from FLO in 2018.

I have used it with an ATIK 414ex for years, but finally got the spare money together to get the 490EX, which has a bigger sensor.

Long story short, I noticed eggy stars in the corners, so I have ordered the Field Flattener from FLO, however having read the manual for the scope as to how it attaches, apparently you need to unscrew the draw tube adapter and screw in the adapter that fits the FF, cool, but I don't have that, it wasn't in the box with the scope, I can't seem to find it sold separately, so does it come with the FF? Was it simply missing from the original scope items (I have a canon T adapter in there for some reason...).

Any help would be appreciated, as honestly trying to find answers via Google has sucked so far.

• Like 1

Just now, teoria_del_big_bang said:

So is it the dedicated FF for the Esprit 100ED?

If it is I have the same setup but I cannot remember fitting an adapter but let me look at my setup as I am just tinkering with it now so wil take a few pics and see if that helps you.

Steve

Yeah its the dedicated FF for the 100ED.

• Like 1

Just had a look.
This is how it came with the 2" eyepiece holder , which I assume is how you are using it now.
1663264214653.thumb.jpg.64a4cb8dba2548899d4cc814207ab32c.jpg

You have to remove the 2" eyepiece holder.

1663264214640.thumb.jpg.5c7354a240cb4fdaec9c9ed09ea81936.jpg

Then screw on the FF with a M74 to M65 adaptor, which I am assuming is the piece you say you are missing, shown between red arrows.
1663264214666.thumb.jpg.ed21bee32d35478ed7c9ece029fc668d.jpg

image.png.7d6e64dd3d6c3d05738bfb68fe65b041.png

I am sure that THIS will do the same with the advantage that you can screw a 2" fikter (maybe a LP suppression filter) inside it.

I cannot find out for sure the male thread on this as it needs to be  M65 but you could message @FLO amd ask if it will do the job.

Steve

Ah actually now I look closer I think the link to the item is not what you need, another site suggest ths has M65 male and female threads.

https://astromart.com/classifieds/astromart-classifieds/telescope-refractor/show/astro-essentials-filter-cell-adapter-for-sky-watcher-esprit-flatteners

Steve

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

Ah actually now I look closer I think the link to the item is not what you need, another site suggest ths has M65 male and female threads.

https://astromart.com/classifieds/astromart-classifieds/telescope-refractor/show/astro-essentials-filter-cell-adapter-for-sky-watcher-esprit-flatteners

Steve

Thank you for going to the trouble of looking this up for me - really appreciated, indeed it seems I am missing that part, ...kinda hoping that it comes with the flattener...but I doubt it - seems odd that they'd ship a scope and a dedicated FF but not the component that links the two together. I know I didn't chuck it away, found a photo of all the parts I got laid out on the table - and that bit was never there.

I see FLO stock the above item:

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/pro-series/astro-essentials-filter-cell-adapter-for-sky-watcher-ed-series-flatteners.html

If I am reading that right the FF has an out of M66 and my OAG has an M54 - so I also need to find a convertor for that, this stuff is never easy! 😛

• Like 1