Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

is an adc still essential with jupiter

iwols

Jupiter is around 39 deg elevation from the UK at the moment, and the chart shows 0.7 arc sec dispersion between red and blue at that elevation. With lucky imaging, your imaging around something like 0.1 arcsec/pixel, so an ADC is still useful if you have one. 🙂

JP-Prost-draft-plot.jpg.17809d2478f1a117511f8aa97d08c6fd.jpg

Alan

• Like 2

Depends on the scope too, the bigger the scope the more the dispersion will be visible in the final image, purely because the final image will be bigger itself. 

An ADC isn’t essential to produce images but if you want to produce the best images you possibly can then use one. 

• Like 1

On 15/09/2022 at 15:00, iwols said:

hi all is an adc still essential with jupiter now its higher cheers

I had no idea what an ADC is, other than an Analogue to Digital Converter in electronics, so I checked with Google and found this nice article that explains it all and discusses when you need to use one. I hope it is helpful to you or anyone viewing this thread later.

https://skyinspector.co.uk/atm-dispersion-corrector-adc/

• Like 1