Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Any schools or clubs in need of a free telescope?

Astralstroll

I am having a bit of a sort out and I have a 10” Meade Lightbridge that is surplus to requirements. Too many Dobs and not enough space, the usual astronomy woes. 🙃

I am thinking of donating this to a school or club free of charge for others to get benefit from. I am based in North Bristol, so ideally somewhere within driving range would be ideal to drop off the scope.

With this in mind, are there any schools or clubs out there who could make good use of a lovely Dobsonian scope?

Regards, Dave

• Like 9

What a nice gesture.  How about donating it to your local library? Or even a central Bristol library?

https://www.librarytelescope.org/ facilitates this I believe.  The idea being that the library loans telescopes to the community in the same way that they loan books.  Their website says that normally an astronomer from a local astro society acts as a troubleshooter and occasional collimator.

It's worth a try. I was considering contacting the local astronomy societies as some of those loan out telescopes too. If I can't get any interest for a giveaway, I might have to list it on the buy and sell part of this site.

Edited by Astralstroll
typo