Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Not as good as lunator but my attempt

christo

Argghhhhhh.

Picture the story. Beautifully clear sky, missus out and a quiet night on my own and a full case of lager!!! Great. Got all set up and the moment I put the plug into the power tank - cloud, everywhere. However, not to moan (not too much anyway) I was very patient and managed to get about 10 minutes of lunar observation and a glimps of Saturn. And then the power tank failed!!! My fault though, haven't charged it for ages. So there I was embracing an 8inch tube in my back gardern trying to manoeuvre the damn into place. What must the neighbours think. Anyway got my mobile phone camera to the eyepiece and took some pictures. Have attached one to this message and will put a few more in the gallery. Let me know what you think. Hope you've had a little more luck than I've had. Oh well, still have the beers and match of the day is on.

Bye for now,

Chris

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Well you got some images despite the problems and Jamie has made a good job of that one 8)

I had about an hour before the cloud rolled in but I was so wrapped up with touring the moon through

the eyepiece, I forgot to take any pictures :lol:

I was so wrapped up with touring the moon through

the eyepiece, I forgot to take any pictures :lol:

So it wasn't a wasted night then.

I consider myself lucky when i forget to do any imaging cos i got lost in my viewing.

Cheers for all the comments folks.

Love what you've done with the picture Skyguy, looks wonderful. As Ian says it's amazing how much detail can be achieved with the right piece of software. I really must get myself the proper kit myself, am really getting into this!

Chris

Chris

Any adjustments that i did to your image were done using Registax3 (hope you don't mind)

it is a free bit of software. (google it)

BTW all the detail was already there Registax just helped me show it.

Can't get detail like that if YOU don't capture it in the first place.

So well done that man.

Archived