Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Higher focal length Jupiter sept 11th

neil phillips

Tried using my Celestron Ultima 2x  barlow. rather than the baader q screwed straight into the ADC. For higher sample rate. Orion 245mm Newt

Top image 1.5x drizzle. don't generally go for a full 1.5 x but the data looked good i think it can take it maybe

redo.png full.png

redo.png

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Kon said:

Stunning amount of details! Just owo!🤩 Top one looks as great.

Cheers Kon. It surprised me with the amount of detail. Levels were dropping, near the end of the night. my secondary was dewed over. But with a lot of frames video de rotation. It worked quite well I thought 

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, CraigT82 said:

Another stunner Neil!

What were the capture details for this one? I put the two images together to better compare and there is no difference as far as I can see. Apart from size obviously. 

A7B26F19-F2ED-4B45-8348-C5D938D2C1B0.jpeg

Yes your right it's just different sizes, the top being full 1.5x drizzle. It was a 6 minuet video de rotation. I took the Baader Barlow off, that was directly attached to the ADC. And used my Celestron ultima Barlow. In its housing. Resulting in more extension and more focal length. Other than that, my usual AS/3 Registax Image analyzer processing.

Cheers Craig

• Thanks 1