Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Nina platesolve2 issue

Anthonyexmouth

Started to have an intermittent problem with the framing assistant. When i slew and it plate solves it gets to 2"17 and won't get any closer. I hear the mount moving but it's consistently the same pointing error which seems odd. I've even cancelled the PS2 to default to astrometry but it's the same. Anyone else getting this with Nina? 

29 minutes ago, scotty38 said:

I'd definitely use ASTAP for both solvers (Inc blind) but that aside I assume all the settings for scope camera etc that are related to solving are entered as they should be?

Yeah, all settings are ok. It's random too. The fact it's always the same distance error too is odd. just endless loop of telescope out of specified range, or whatever the wording is. 

That's odd, I'd try ASTAP if you can. Also NINA only forwards the requests to the solver, it doesn't do anything itself as it were and if you have the same with two different ones (maybe even three soon) then I'd be even more tempted to say it's an odd config somewhere, which could be in NINA of course.

I know you said it's all ok but not sure what else is common that's all.

17 minutes ago, scotty38 said:

That's odd, I'd try ASTAP if you can. Also NINA only forwards the requests to the solver, it doesn't do anything itself as it were and if you have the same with two different ones (maybe even three soon) then I'd be even more tempted to say it's an odd config somewhere, which could be in NINA of course.

I know you said it's all ok but not sure what else is common that's all.

9 times out of 10 all works fine, and if i increase the platesolve tolerance in NINA to just over the error it works, so not sure its the platesolving side. 

I had this happen with platesolving when I started using EQMOD and SGP, I guess platesolving works the same in N.I.N.A.

If you use EQMOD then check the sync setting, if it's saving sync points on every solve and adding them to a pointing model you'll end up in a situation where the pointing model fights the platesolving and they'll reach deadlock.

For platesolving you don't want any pointing model being built, change the sync setting in EQMOD to Dialogue Based and clear any existing pointing model.

This assumes your using EQMOD 😀

4 minutes ago, Starflyer said:

I had this happen with platesolving when I started using EQMOD and SGP, I guess platesolving works the same in N.I.N.A.

If you use EQMOD then check the sync setting, if it's saving sync points on every solve and adding them to a pointing model you'll end up in a situation where the pointing model fights the platesolving and they'll reach deadlock.

For platesolving you don't want any pointing model being built, change the sync setting in EQMOD to Dialogue Based and clear any existing pointing model.

This assumes your using EQMOD 😀

yeah, EQMOD. Odd thing is its very sporadic. 

11 minutes ago, Starflyer said:

It's covered here

Check what the sync behaviour is set to atm, if it's not "Dialogue Based" then this is your problem.  Remember to clear your pointing model in EQMOD too.

Just changed it. 

Also chuckling to myself. Sat here at my computer, asked Alexa to turn my pier on, waited for mini pc to boot, remote into it, change setting and power down. The most effort during that was lifting my cup of tea. 

• Like 1