SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Jupiter sept 11th

neil phillips

Hi Neil

Love the detail you get from Jupiter, I've got a 10" reflector & rarely get much detail , also find it difficult to not over process things.

I see your using the QHY 462c, would you recommend it? Again really love you images 👍

13 minutes ago, yelsac said:

Hi Neil

Love the detail you get from Jupiter, I've got a 10" reflector & rarely get much detail , also find it difficult to not over process things.

I see your using the QHY 462c, would you recommend it? Again really love you images 👍

Hi Yelsac. I dont like recommending cameras tbh. The problem is. if someone doesn't get the results they were hoping for. It leaves me feeling party to that in some way. So, I will say study the images if that appeals then of course you know what's possible. There are also new cameras coming out 10 to the dozen. So again, I would say read a lot. And do your research before buying anything. Lots on youtube. and forums etc. with all manner of discussion. I like that camera. I will say that. But newer cameras are also appearing perhaps you should also consider. And read about. 

Sorry if i seem evasive. But the reasons are quite valid i think. And thanks for the comments appreciated. 

Edited by neil phillips

1 hour ago, neil phillips said:

Hi Yelsac. I dont like recommending cameras tbh. The problem is. if someone doesn't get the results they were hoping for. It leaves me feeling party to that in some way. So, I will say study the images if that appeals then of course you know what's possible. There are also new cameras coming out 10 to the dozen. So again, I would say read a lot. And do your research before buying anything. Lots on youtube. and forums etc. with all manner of discussion. I like that camera. I will say that. But newer cameras are also appearing perhaps you should also consider. And read about. 

Sorry if i seem evasive. But the reasons are quite valid i think. And thanks for the comments appreciated. 

Hi Neil

No problem I completely understand.

Would really like to know have you got any processing tips? Not sure if you've ever posted any videos of how you process images etc, sorry I know its rather cheeky to ask.  Just really enjoy your images 

regards Yelsac

39 minutes ago, yelsac said:

Hi Neil

No problem I completely understand.

Would really like to know have you got any processing tips? Not sure if you've ever posted any videos of how you process images etc, sorry I know its rather cheeky to ask.  Just really enjoy your images 

regards Yelsac

It can change from time to time especially registax. This was my registax setting. You will notice sharpening increased to 170. Trouble is without using frequency domain on image analyzer. The 1.5x drizzle i did can look noisy  after this i did some more sharpening. and a saturation lift. And adjusted levels. All on image analyzer. This was winjupos video derotation image

Capture.PNG

Edited by neil phillips

28 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

It can change from time to time especially registax. This was my registax setting. You will notice sharpening increased to 170. Trouble is without using frequency domain on image analyzer. The 1.5x drizzle i did can look noisy  after this i did some more sharpening. and a saturation lift. And adjusted levels. All on image analyzer. This was winjupos video derotation image

Capture.PNG

Wow so you only use one of the wavelets to sharpen & don't use the linked box... Not sure what you mean by the image analyzer?

14 minutes ago, Kon said:

Very nice Jupiter! The storms and swirls are really well defined. I don't know about you but my sky was milky but I could still pull some nice details. 

Yes same here slightly misty. dripping wet dew.

Cheers

Edited by neil phillips