Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cygnus Wall

Daf1983

First time shooting this target, captured about 4 hours of data last week using the l-extreme filter and the equipment in my signature. Calibrated with darks, flats, dark flats and bias frames.

Really struggled processing this, but this is my best effort so far. Used DSS to stack the data, and mostly Pixinsight for my post processing. My first effort doing a false Hubble Palette, so any CC would be welcome.

Thanks 

Dafydd

479429284_HubbleProcesscrop.thumb.png.d497d380ad96184598336ed82aa97ec3.png

• Like 11

3 hours ago, AstroMuni said:

Wow, that looks amazing. Love it. The histogram looks clipped but that maybe just the image thats been uploaded.

Hmm, you might me right. I'm only just starting with Pixinsight, so I might have pressed something along the way that has clipped the histogram🙈

Great first light on this target 

I’m by no means an expert at processing myself, I often just make it up as I go along but if I had this image in front of me on my laptop and was using Pixinsight I’d be tempted to run a pass of scnr to reduce the green just to see where that leads? 
I’m sure you’ll get better advice by someone with more pix experience 

Thanks for sharing 

Bryan